Saturday, November 22, 2008

Friday night

Well, it actually started on Thursday, but anyway. Bugg, has been reading the book series by Stephenie Meyer, called Twilight. It is a huge teen sensation. I guess the author is a Mormon, had a dream and woke up thinking it would be a good story to write about. So the story goes, she thought maybe she could pay off her mini van by writing this book. Well, 4 books and a movie later, she is probably buying a new minivan.

The book is about a young girl who moves to a new school and meets this very interesting boy, almost immediately she is smitten with him, turns out he is a vampire.....
It only goes on from there. So the movie premiere was Thursday night at Midnight. A long awaited movie, especially since Bugg doesn't read much, but has devoured these books. She picked up her ticket nearly a week ago for the Midnight showing. She made plans with one of her girlfriends and they got to the Theatre at 10 pm. The line was hugely long. I have never seen it that long. They all already had their tickets, it was sold out, in two movie theatres, at MIDNIGHT. WOW! So our good friend Ken, was working the night shift at the big S and he offered to bring her home at 2:30 am. So we (Jeff and I) could hear the truck coming and knew Bugg was almost home.

She came rushing into our bedroom, "Oh my gosh, it was so good. It was like the book, but you know it is only the first book and I have to wait til 2010 to watch the next one!!!!"

I says, "so you liked it?"

"Oh my gosh, yes, it was so good! I have to go to the bathroom...love you...goodnight!"

Off she went.

So at work Friday, I get a call from Peanut, "just a heads up Mom, K and her mom are going to the movie tonight and want us to go with them. Just a heads up". Well, I being the me I am wasn't too interested in seeing this movie, I hadn't read the books and I knew it was something that Bugg really enjoyed so I didn't want to get in the way of the excitement, if that makes any sense. So I contemplate the idea. We had a "girls night" with this mom and daughter a while back, after that whole email thing and all. They thought they owed us a reciprocation. So Peanut and I have this big discussion, K calls and says we are on our way we will call you if there are any tickets available. OK. So 5 minutes later she calls and says, "they are sold out". Two minutes after that they call back and say, we have two tickets for you, come meet us here. So to the movie I went. It was a good movie. I think because I hadn't read the book and I didn't know what to expect it was easier for me to watch it. Then the 4 of us headed out to Applebees for dinner and dessert. It was a fun evening. Even if it weren't the movie I would have picked.

I am still trying to get the hubs to take me to FIREPROOF. Everyone who has seen the movie, loves it. I want to see it before it leaves here.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Anything that will keep them reading is great! I don't think I could stay awake for a midnight movie. Our girls want to see Bolt :)

Mommy Lion said...

What a great mom! I'm with Cheryl, once I got in a dark room that late I'd be out. I think we are headed to Bolt on Thanksgiving day~ kind of a tradition we have started here ~ going to a movie as a fam on Thanksgiving. Glad you had a fun girls night.