Monday, August 25, 2008

what exactly???

So what exactly have I been doing for the last few days? Not blogging! Wow, it has been busy. Last thursday, was Bunco night. So when I got off work, I had to type minutes from the Fellowship Committee Meeting on Wednesday, send a copy to the office to get out to all the members. While doing this, I decided I better get my schedule out for the greeters for the month of September. Then I left and went to the Pilates class at Downtown Fitness. I really like that class but, wow, she kicked my butt, I was sore til yesterday. After a shower, I headed out to Grace's for a night of Bunco. Boy, howdy, did we have lots of Bunco's. Nancy won with 4 but there were a few who were pushing her with 3! It was a BUNCO night. Missed my blogging friend, Cheryl, though. She was having fun in the dunes.

Lynsey made the JV team for volleyball, so when I got off work on Friday, she met me greedily at the door, with "can we go get my team's new volleyball shoes? they are at the Put On and it closes at 5!" Out the door we went. The rest of that evening was a blur, I really can't remember what happened.

Saturday, I had a mini spa party. Mini because I only had 3 people come. It was fun though, because my sister in law, Cay brought her cousin Dorothy and the two of them are a riot!! During the mini spa party Lynsey had a scrimmage with the Varsity team that I sent my mom to watch, Jeff was working. After that I made my macaroni salad to take to Pastor's going away party. I had to be there at 3:30 so I could help with decorations and food preparations. But, there was a wedding this day and it was just barely finishing by 3:30, we only had til 5 to get the party started. WOW, that was some serious moving and shuffling to get things ready. After the party clean up, we headed to Fred Meyer to print photos and make memory boards for Treva's service, which was the next day. There was some mix up and the memory table things didn't make it down here for our celebration. So posters we made. Candi came in the middle of all this, exhausted from her own crazy week.

Sunday, after church I headed up to Romantic River Gardens for the celebration. We had set up and organization to do. The sound system was failing, the projector couldn't get plugged in, all the little things that make you crazy. But it all came together for a great celebration. If you haven't been able to visit Romantic River Gardens, I highly recommend going for a visit! That place is spectacular. Chels and Candi took some pictures, I can't find my camera cord for charging the battery, so none from me. Anyway, Jeff left and took Chelsey to Camp Kellogg for her week of "youth camp" and the rest of us, Candi and the kids, headed to home to wait for Jeff. We then went and spent the evening with Larry and Willy. That was pretty special. All of our "family" was there. We got to reminisce and enjoy being together again. Someone commented on the fact that we needn't only get together for these kind of times, but for more fun times as well. So, here is to making plans to get together more often with those we love.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

You always sound so crazy busy! I would say it will slow down with school starting but it will probably just get busier.

Mommy Lion said...

I sure miss my BUNCO friends! *wink* Ditto to Cheryl's comment about you always being BUSY! *smile* I know you wouldn't have it any other way though!