Friday, May 22, 2009

Willy Wonka

*Warning LOTS OF PICTURES*
Yesterday, I went with Peanut and some of her classmates to Jacksonville to watch a play at the Brit outdoor arena. It was Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, done by 4th, 5th, and 6th graders from the area. They all go to one school and they have over 200 parent volunteers.
It was quite the entertaining trip. I learned quite a bit about 7th graders. Some of the children need a little extra supervision and someone to tell them that some things they say and do, just aren't cool! Well, leave it to me to not keep my mouth shut about this little boy who kept being so disrespectful! I thought for sure that all of Peanut's Classmates would hate me, but some of them actually told me thank you because he is out of control! Anyway, here are some pictures. Peanut and I had a great time together!

Amber and Peanut
The stage...

Some props....


Willy Wonka



The Buckets~Charlie and all


The kids


Dancing in the *street*



Agustus und seinMutter

Veruka and Mr. Salt

Violet and Mother Boregard

Mike TV and his Mom


All of the *Winners* of the GOLDEN TICKET



The Oompa Loompa's

The Chocolate mountain

Agustus eating too much chocolate

Violet turning VIOLET!

Peanut and Amber watching


The fizzy pop that Charlie drank


The squirrels with Veruka


Thrown in the Bad NUT pit...


The TV Mike went in?

The TV he came out of....

Charlie and Willy

The whole Cast...

Amber and Peanut~

Me and the girls~


Peanut and I on stage


Peanut and Rachel


The gang that traveled by bus to the play.

The windows were open on the bus and the wind was whipping through the bus, so the girls put their seat up (they were sitting in the emergency exit) and sat on the floor, out of the wind.
It was a fun day for me and the girls, but it was a little challenging to meet some of the kids and hear the language and the song choices of these kids. It is rather alarming. I used to think, if my kid were in with this crowd or that crowd, then she should be OK. But, now a days, that is not necessarily the truth! It was enlightening and a little challenging. But, now I know how to pray for my girl.
We will be out of town this weekend for a softball tournament. Look for pics and stories on Monday. :~) Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Your fieldtrip looks like it was very fun...

The pic of you and Chelsey together is such a good one!