Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another gift from GiG.....

Today's devotion from Mary Southerland in my "GIRLFRIENDS IN GOD" email was truly touching to me. Sometimes I just don't ask. I don't take the time to ask GOD to bless me. I know I take my list of burdens to Him and wait for Him to take care of them all, but frankly, I don't ask for the blessing. So, this was meaningful to me today. I thought it might be meaningful for you, as well. Enjoy.


1 John 3:21-23 "Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us" (NIV).

When we have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and seek to obey His commands, we can come before God in confidence, knowing that He wants to pour out His blessings on our life. He is waiting. We just need to ask.

Prayer
Father, thank You for loving me. Please help me walk in obedience to Your commands and live my life in a way that pleases You. I really do want to be a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ. Right now, I surrender all that I am to You and ask for Your blessings in my life.

In Jesus' name,

No comments: