Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Birthday!!

Six years ago today, I had spent the night in the hospital with two very good friends of mine. They were laboring, on what was to be labor day, for the birth of their first child. It was a grand evening. We started at their home and soon headed for the hospital. Momma was a trooper and she refused pain meds, kept her breathing going and had that baby boy within a few pushes. I was so proud of her and he was so sweet. Blake Thomas was born and I was thrilled. I loved being able to share in the delight of such an awesome thing...a start of new life. Thank you to Blake's parents for letting me be a part of that. I will never forget. The next year after he turned one, they had to make a move half way across the country. My time with little boy would be much changed, but my heart for him would not. I still love that little boy the same. Wish for more time with him, but am delighted that his mommy and daddy have continued to let him be a part of my life. Happy Birthday, sweet boy! May you feel the love of Jesus wrap you up today and the days to come.

Aunt Brandi~

It was absolutely divine to hear your little voice on the phone. I hope your party was extra special. :~)

1 comment:

Mommy Lion said...

okay! You made me cry. Thanks for loving my boy across the miles!