Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Basketball game/ Volleyball Banquet

Monday afternoon was a busy one...
Peanut had a basketball game. It was scheduled to start at 4:30. Bugg had a volleyball banquet that was to start at 6:00. I fixed spaghetti and turkey meatballs and a salad to take to the banquet. It was warming in the oven when we headed to the basketball game.
The 7th graders play before her, so they went into overtime. By the time Peanut started it was after 5. Bugg and I had planned to leave by 5:30 to run home and get the food and head to the banquet. We only saw Peanut play for a little bit before we had to leave. Thankfully, Nana and Papa and Uncle Kenny had come to watch her.
Before I left, I got some shots of her playing.

stealing the ball
going in for a shot

On a fast break....
she eyes the basket....
and she scores :~).
Just in time for me to leave.



So we went to the High School for the Banquet. Just Bugg and I. We sat by our friend Jamie and Dribbler's Mom. We also sat with Cassie and her family.
They let us eat and then Bruce said a few (a lot) words. Then the Freshman team was introduced and given their certificates and letters from their coach.
Here is John. He is one of our Favorite Coaches. He has been so good to Bugg and helpful in teaching her more about volleyball.
The JV team lined up. Doesn't she look enthusiastic??

Here she is with the Varsity girls....

The girls she will probably be playing with next year.
So that was our Monday evening.
Crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
What will I do when these girls aren't here to occupy my time??

No comments: