Sunday, April 5, 2009

Another Traveling weekend...

Friday afternoon, we got off early and headed out of town. We needed to go to Portland for Bugg's volleyball tournament. We had contacted Jeff's cousin and she was willing to take us in. We always have such a great time with them. So, Jeff wanted to get going early, so we could have time for visiting before getting up and out early to the volleyball courts.
They live in a beautiful home, overlooking the valley beneath them. You need to keep them in your prayers because Brian lost his job, due to this great economy we are in. He has been with the company for over 13 years. Anyway, this is what we woke up to....




These are the views off their back deck. There home has these wall of windows which make the view that much more enjoyable.


We took Dribbler, who is now....um, need a new Baseball nickname for him...
He and Peanut got up on the not pulled out bleachers and made some views from there.



Do you remember the days of Clyde Drexler, Jerome Kersey and the rest of those great b-ballers? I do, that is when I watched basketball. Anyway, this is Jerome Kersey! His daughter plays on one of the Portland teams and he is a supporter. Kind of cool if you ask me! :~)

Another shot, I had to get a couple. He decided to get up as I was snapping this one.

Bugg, smashing the ball as she does so well..




Tourney over...the girls took first. Which moved them up an entire division, which they deserved. This was just too sweet to watch and Peanut and I were following behind, so we snapped a photo.



Bugg snapped this shot on the way home, the sun was so beautiful and she does such a nice job with the pictures. This is just one of the many she took.
Hope you enjoyed the brief blog of the weekend.
We went to church today, then with the weather so nice, we played outside. I weeded, Jeff did some bar b q ing and cleaned up some stuff, Bugg cleaned out "her" car and washed it and Peanut had her friend over. It was a nice day. I ended it with a walk with my girlfriend.
Hope your weekend treated you well.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

You have put many miles on your vehicles lately...how cool that the girls got 1st.

It was a great day on Sunday. We were outside too.

Heather said...

Brandi,I just wanted to say thanks for your post-surgery care yesterday. My heart felt so lightened and encouraged after visiting with you. I know you weren't the post-nurse assigned to me, but I think the Lord put you in the right spot at the right time. Have a great weekend.