Monday, January 18, 2010

Seminar, Meeting, Volleyball

On Saturday Hubs, Bugg and Puddles headed to Eugene, early in the am for a day of volleyball. Bugg was playing and I was not able to go. We weren't sure what time she would be done and I had big plans for the evening. I received texts through out the day to tell me how they were doing. Peanut was with friends. I cleaned the house up and decided to do some shopping for a little girl who has a birthday coming up. I headed home and got myself ready for the big night. I have been planning this evening for months! We were having a seminar at Melrose Vineyards with the Medical Community and the Lion's club for the Foundation. We were having Dr. Kate come from Portland for some sharing of what we are trying to do with Tumor Banking. We got there around 5 ish and everything was in great order. The Vineyard was in charge of all the decorations and the food and we just needed a projector and a screen. The people were to start coming at 6 and the dinner was to be served at 6:30. Dr. Kate would speak and she had brought along one of her researchers to speak as well. Well, to our surprise Treva's doctor came to be with Dr. Kate as well. So we were able to hear from Dr. Webster as well. Currently, Dr Webster is in a wheelchair. She is dealing with a flare up of her MS. She has also battled two kinds of breast cancer herself. The evening was a HUGE success if I say so myself. We had all kinds of positive feedback. After finishing up at the Vineyard, Tina, Kelly, Deb and I headed to Applebees to celebrate our good week.

On Sunday, Nana and Papa came to the house to meet Hubs and Bugg and head back to Eugene for another day of volleyball. I took Peanut to church and went to pick up Kelly. We were meeting with Dr. Kate and her staff before they headed back to Portland. After the meeting, I headed home and Peanut had already arrived. She was sleeping. She was supposed to have softball practice at 1:30. So I dropped her off and headed to the grocery store for my weekly shopping. While on the way, Peanut called to tell me that I had taken her an hour late to practice. *OOPS* So I picked her up after only one hour (as opposed to the two she was supposed to be there) and headed home. Hubs and Bugg were on their way as well, because they had won the first two matches and lost the last one. We all enjoyed an evening at home, watching movies and being together.

This morning Nana and Papa arrived and we headed out of the house around 6 to go back to Eugene for more Volleyball. They won their first match, we watched the 16 team play and then we lost our second match. We were done then, but had to ref the following match. The family headed out to Gateway. We went to the Roadhouse Steak house or something like that, where you throw your peanuts on the ground. I have a problem with that, so I was piling up my shells on the table and then into a little plate and Nana takes my plate and throws my shells on the ground! I said, "hey, I didn't want to do that!" She promptly tells me that I am supposed to do this! So, there went my shells. We then walked over to Kohl's, Peanut had a sweater from Christmas to exchange, and we did our business and home we headed. That was our 3 day weekend.

Hope that each of you had a splendid weekend, I will keep you updated on the Tumor Banking!

No comments: