Thursday, October 14, 2010

Women Of Faith

On Friday, My girlfriend and I headed to Portland. We made plans months ago to be at the Women of Faith Conference and it was finally time. We had hardly had time together the last few months with the girls' schedule of games and school. She has found the love of her life and of course she is spending as much time with him, planning their upcoming wedding. So we were both excited to take 24 hours for ourselves. It didn't go without problems though, not for the two of us, but for what we left behind. The girls both had events on Saturday, Bugg was taking her SAT's, Peanut had a soccer game, later that evening was the HOMECOMING dance, the game was on Friday night as well. Plus, one of our huge fundraisers for The Treva Hoffman Foundation was scheduled for the same weekend. I was torn, because I wanted to be a part of all of it. I had made plans to be with my friend months before and I knew that it was where I needed to be. God put me right where I needed to be. He spoke to my heart in ways that only he could. He blessed us both spiritually. I missed out on some things, but I didn't miss out on the opportunity to be blessed by God. He used speakers such as Lisa Harper, Luci Swindoll, Sheila Walsh, Karen James, Michelle Aguilar, dramatist Nicole Johnson, singers Natalie Grant and Mary Mary. I will not forget the weekend events. Sometimes it is hard to make choices, but I knew I was where I belonged.

No comments: