Saturday, April 26, 2008

Taking things for granted

Today I am heading out of town.
I am going to spend some time with a friend I grew up with.
Sometimes we take life for granted and this friend has taught me that it isn't always what it seems.
She was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago. Fought the good fight and won. She was preparing to have reconstruction surgery a few months ago to replace that which was lost to cancer. Instead of going in for surgery she went in for a compression fracture of her lower back. Just in time to find that the cancer had spread to her bones. She is now fighting her next fight. We are going to a concert in her honor in The Dalles, Oregon. I am looking forward to seeing her and showing her support, but looking at life as oh so short. Praying that I take each moment God gives me and use it for HIS good, not my own.
Will see you soon.

No comments: