Friday, January 2, 2015

Word!

Sometimes the hardest thing for me to do is be concise.

I am a girl who uses lots of words.... whether to myself or to whom I am speaking.

So I need a word for 2015

I have done this thing.... select a word and focus on it for the year.... rather than the whole New Year Resolution thing.  I am not sure which of the Bible Study teachers to whom I subscribe got me started on this, but I like it.

Last year was JOY.  Man, that was hard.  The year was a crazy one, as I have previously written about.  Separation, graduation, college bound, empty nesting....but Joy was my word and I. felt. it.

God was so good to me.  In the midst of the chaos, He gave me JOY.  He also gave me Margaret Feinberg.  While I was attending a leadership summit in Vancouver with members of my church, I received an email from Jessica, Margaret Feinberg's assistant, asking if I would be willing to be an Advanced Reader of her new book, FIGHT BACK WITH JOY!  I was overwhelmed with excitement and anticipation.  What an honor! But in this I knew that I would be held responsible to see what God wanted to show me in this book, because He had chosen me.  Isn't it ironic.... that I got asked to read a book about Joy 6 months after I decided that would be my word for the year??? Ironic?  Really? No! God inspired!! God moments!

So I struggle with finding the right word for this year.....because GOD. WILL. USE. IT. to reach me!

I have been tossing around the word ABIDE

It's meaning in the dictionary is: To take up one's abode; to reside. To be prepared for; to await; be able to endure or sustain; remain firm under; to tolerate. To adhere to; to maintain; to remain faithful; to remain satisfied with

How can I not desire this in 2015, to Abide in Christ and live in his sustenance? To be prepared for His work. To await His answers to prayer. To be able to endure any circumstance because He is with me. To remain faithful to Him.

So with that.... I think I choose ABIDE to be my WORD! 2015.

P.S.
I just found that my word for 2013 was JOY and my word for 2014 was assurance.  Well, you can be sure that I had the assurance of JOY throughout the year 2013!! ;)
That's just me.... a little on the goofy side. :)

No comments: